Archiving gives memory exhaust

I have a high traffic-site. I run archive every 10 minutes, and still I get this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8 bytes) in /example.org/plugins/Actions/Actions.php on line 253
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 164 bytes) in /example.org/plugins/Actions/Actions.php on line 292
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 79 bytes) in /example.org/core/FrontController.php on line 278

I noticed there is a solved bug-report about… should that be reopened, or another bug opened?

I have a standard installation (on a large computer), and the only special stuff set up are:

[General]
time_before_today_archive_considered_outdated = 3600
enable_browser_archiving_triggering = false

and as mentioned, archiving every 10 minutes…

Is there anything I can do?

/morten

Can you see if http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/817 helps in your situation?

I tried to install this but got errors all over the place… using 0.4.1…

Sry for the late reply.

I unzipped into ./plugins/ , and activated it in “Settings”. Ran “archive.sh”, but ended up the same:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24 bytes) in /[my-path]/plugins/Actions/Actions.php on line 293

If that’s the way to try it, it unfortunately didn’t work…

/morten

I haven’t looked at the code, but whenever I have run into something like this in the past (and no, unfortunately I haven’t got PHP 5.3 yet) is to use a shell script, to run the PHP script for i.e. 1000 entries… then rerun the PHP script for the next 1000 entries and so on, until all entries have been delt with…

Every time the shell script has run a session of the PHP script to the end, it releases memory-consumption, and the exhaustion shouldn’t happen…

As I wrote earlier, I haven’t had the time to see whether this is what is done, just trying to through ideas in your direction style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

I use Piwik in more than one place, but it would be lovely to get it working on my hightraffic site. People are “yelling” at me to get it to work style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

/morten

How much memory did you set on youre php-cli.ini ?
How many page impressions do you have ?
I had to set the memory to 260MB.
(>130000 Hits per Day).

[quote=Nifty @ Jul 29 2009, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How much memory did you set on youre php-cli.ini ?

As much as 1GB, but normally 512MB…
QUOTE (Nifty @ Jul 29 2009, 12:11 PM]How many page impressions do you have ?[/quote] More then 130000... more like 1.2 - 1.5 million pageviews...

As I said… a big site style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

/smet

Nothing changed here?

No-one else has a suggestion?

We would LOVE to use this, but it’s not possible for as big a site as this one…

/smet

[quote=smet @ Oct 23 2009, 07:32 AM]Nothing changed here?

No-one else has a suggestion?

We would LOVE to use this, but it’s not possible for as big a site as this one…

/smet[/quote]

I updated the ticket at: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/766 to clarify the issue. I don’t think anyone is working on this task just now, so any help is greatly appreciated. We would really love to see this issue being fixed soon.