Archiving Errors: response was empty

We run the core:archive job every hour. Almost every time I get an Error with some requests:

Done archiving

Total visits for today across archived websites: 2700
Archived today’s reports for 267 websites
Archived week/month/year for 267 websites
Skipped 572 websites

  • 530 skipped because no new visit since the last script execution
  • 40 skipped because existing daily reports are less than 3600 seconds old
  • 0 skipped because existing week/month/year periods reports are less than 3600 seconds old
  • 2 skipped because got an error while querying reporting API
    Total API requests: 1064
    done: 267/839 32%, 2700 vtoday, 267 wtoday, 267 wperiods, 1064 req, 531532 ms, 6 errors.
    Time elapsed: 531.532s

Error: Got invalid response from API request: ?module=API&method=API.get&idSite=10055&period=week&date=last2&format=php&trigger=archivephp. The response was empty. This usually means a server error. A solution to this error is generally to increase the value of ‘memory_limit’ in your php.ini file. For more information and the error message please check your web server’s error Log file. As this core:archive command triggers PHP processes over HTTP, you can find the error message in your Matomo’s web server error logs.

php memory should be the problem. I get no entry in the Log file.
I also run the misc/cron/archive.php in the browser with the same result.

I found some older posts about this problem, but none of them helped me to solve my issue.

Same for me pal but only one one of the websites i track bizarrely, i’ll copy from a post on the other forum i did;

On the log below, the archiving process for website ID 4043 and 4067 is set to ‘last 2 days, months years’ and it is working fine.

however for 4078 it is different, it is trying last 52 days, last 43 weeks, last 43 months and then last 7 years - then it fails and i get exactly your error, this has only cropped up recently

Yes, that looks exactly like the error I am getting.

Now it would be great, if someone could point me in the right direction to find the cause for this error.
I also tried archiving with verbose option, but that did not give any additinal info.