Archiving error

Hi,

My Piwik installation is extremely slow, so I decided to try and setup auto archiving, but I receive the following error when I run ‘sh /path/to/piwik/misc/cron/archive.sh’:

Starting Piwik archiving...

Archiving period = day for idsite = 493...

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Zend_Session_Exception' with message 'Zend_Session::start() - /path/to/piwik/libs/Zend/Session.php(Line:480): Error #2 session_start(): open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_830e5ivg9pbt75sje44cjejda6, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) Array
/path/to/piwik/libs/Zend/Session.php(Line:490): Error #2 session_write_close(): open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_830e5ivg9pbt75sje44cjejda6, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) Array
/path/to/piwik/libs/Zend/Session.php(Line:490): Error #2 session_write_close(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php/session) Array' in /path/to/piwik/libs/Zend/Session.php:493
Stack trace:
#0 /path/to/piwik/core/Session.php(70): Zend_Sess in /path/to/piwik/libs/Zend/Session.php on line 493

This error is repeated several times.

Also, I think my installation shouldn’t really be this slow with archiving triggered from the browser as it’s a brand new site with only a couple of days worth data and still very few visits.

Update: The resource limits configured in php.ini are currently:
max_execution_time = 30
max_input_time = 60
memory_limit = 128M

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The web server user doesn’t have write access to /var/lib/php to create session files. Likewise it can’t write to path/to/piwik/tmp/sessions.

Fix your permissions on the tmp folder (and its subfolders). This should fix the session file problem.

[quote=vipsoft @ Jul 5 2010, 04:30 PM]The web server user doesn’t have write access to /var/lib/php to create session files. Likewise it can’t write to path/to/piwik/tmp/sessions.

Fix your permissions on the tmp folder (and its subfolders). This should fix the session file problem.[/quote]
Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I don’t have access to those files and folders inside tmp. They were created by Piwik and they have a different owner from all the other files, so it seems like this may be a Piwik problem to me?

I had to contact my host to ask if they can fix it style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif…

Thanks again.