Archiving and monthly reports get stuck (2.14.3)

Hi all,

I’m super new to piwik sorry if I’m missing something really basic.

Some context:

• Just upgraded to 2.14.3 from 2.8.
  • I’ve having memory and performance issues for a while.
  • Using a custom plugin that just recently uses Archive to show data.
  • The install has 244 segments (it’s dividied by country and some other business logic)
  • A few custom variables.
  • Site has a fair amount of traffic, maybe a couple of thousand visits a day.

First issue is that the archive cron process fails for “last7” and just freezes for “last52”

Error: Got invalid response from API request: ?module=API&method=API.get&idSite=14&period=year&date=last7&format=php&trigger=archivephp. The response was empty. This usually means a server error. This solution to this error is generally to increase the value of 'memory_limit' in your php.ini file. Please check your Web server Error Log file for more details.
ERROR [2015-10-07 08:03:38] 1 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors.
WARNING [2015-10-07 08:03:38] /var/www/piwik/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Application.php(974): Warning - proc_open(): fork failed - Resource temporarily unavailable - Piwik 2.14.3 - Please report this message in the Piwik forums: http://forum.piwik.org (please do a search first as it might have been reported already)

The apache logs are a bit confusing, it sometimes fails hitting a 2GB memory limit (I think it’s the container) and sometimes on 768M which is the minimum memory limit configured in global.ini.php in piwik.
php.ini is set to 512M for the regular application

[Tue Oct 06 13:04:52 2015] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 2147483648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8208 bytes) in /var/www/piwik/core/DataTable.php on line 1156

[Wed Oct 07 04:02:13 2015] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 805306368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /var/www/piwik/core/DataTable.php on line 1325

Any advice on what I could do?

Hello

can you please create bug report at: Issues · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub

I’m not sure this is abug in Piwik but we will investigate