Archive Triggering

I just spent a couple hours trying to figure out why I couldn’t trigger an archive. Long story short it seems that archiving, even if your config is set to archive on browser view, does not occur if you are doing that view as the superuser. This seems incredibly counter-intuitive as the majority of plugin developers would have (at the very least) a test environment set up in which they have superuser access.

Was this an oversight on my part? Is this documented somewhere? Or is this a bug?

[quote=c3chong @ Mar 8 2010, 05:48 PM]I just spent a couple hours trying to figure out why I couldn’t trigger an archive. Long story short it seems that archiving, even if your config is set to archive on browser view, does not occur if you are doing that view as the superuser. This seems incredibly counter-intuitive as the majority of plugin developers would have (at the very least) a test environment set up in which they have superuser access.

Was this an oversight on my part? Is this documented somewhere? Or is this a bug?[/quote]
I have the same problem

The default is to archive on browser view. AFAIK this is independent of whether or not you’re logged in as superuser.

The most likely cause is that you have a timezone mismatch, so the server thinks the archives have already been generated.