April 5th: new Piwik RC available! with Custom Date Range and many fixes

just upgraded to rc5, but i am getting “invalid day range, please try again” no matter what days i choose from the calendars. cleared cache, doesn’t help.

any idea?

The Live! Visitors plugin is making some problems:

1. Sometimes the plugin does not start at all. In this case, I only see the top line Visitors in Real Time on a brown background.

2. When the Live! Visitors plugin is starting, something strange is happening:
    The top line “Last 24 hours” and “Last 30 minutes” disappear sometime and get back, disappear again, get back, … and so on. The changes happen at the same time when a new visitor information is printed to the plugin.

I do not know when this problem first showed up. With piwik 1.2.0 on my testing server there is no problem. With the tested 1.2.5-rc5 there is.

To all users having issues, can you please try to delete all templates in tmp/templates_c/* ? I think the update didn’t delete the files.

Otherwise it looks like it is working on the demo, running the RC5 as well. But if you still experience the issue, please send me a PM with your Piwik URL + Login + pwd, thanks

[quote=blueyed]
The Live! Visitors plugin now displays only the first letter of the values (see screenshot), using trunk:4358.[/quote]

Thanks for pointing this out, I introduced a regression recently now fixed in: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/4360

[quote=Storm]

1. Sometimes the plugin does not start at all. In this case, I only see the top line Visitors in Real Time on a brown background.[/quote]
    This was fixed in latest RC6

What are the steps to reproduce this issue, when you start fresh on yoursite.com/piwik and come to this error?

[quote=blueyed]
I am getting the error “The parameter ‘date’ isn’t set in the Request, and a default value wasn’t provided.” when going from the “All Websites” view to a site.[/quote]
Thanks for the report, fixed in http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/4363

Just being told by my friend about piwik, very awesome feature. Gonna try it right away and will come back for a feedback.

its a nice performance, i hope there is no known bug left.

Little bug that i notice, on Chrome 10 for windows and Safari iphone to set the cookie to ignore visit i had to press twice the click here etc

[quote=SxM]
Little bug that i notice, on Chrome 10 for windows and Safari iphone to set the cookie to ignore visit i had to press twice the click here etc[/quote]
On my iPhone, it worked for me on the first click.

Ok, problaby the problem it’s me :smiley:

Sorry :wink:

New RC8 released with a few more bug fixes and more goodness!

Now! is good performance and everything still OK.

Great stuff!

Archiving time went down from 225 minutes to 160 minutes.

Custom Date Range… does not seem to work in the dash board… I have only 1 day at the moment but I seem to be unable to pick 2011-04-09 to 2011-04-11 in the dashboard widget.

Clicking on Apply Date Range seems to give me 'Invalid Date Range, Please try Again.

Trying the reverse does not seem to work either.
2011-04-11 to 2011-04-09.

Calendar seems disabled…

Currently testing out the
Piwik: 1.2.5-rc8 version on IE8, … Is this not functioning as yet?
Update: Ah… I’ve tested it on Mozilla Firefox, it seems like an incompatibility issue with IE8… it only appears in firefox currently. I tried it on your online demo as well. IE8 fails to show the calendar for the widget. It only works on firefox for me.

rayliu, thanks for the report, we didn’t notice the bug in IE! I created a ticket that we will fix before the release trunk JS error in IE8 (maybe other IE as well) · Issue #2295 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

RC10 now available, with Better Visitor Log and better Live! view, as well as Possibility to trigger Goal based on Page Titles

Hi,

in PHP calling methods… does custom date range work yet? Hmm I tried using it in one of the methods like

module=API
&method=VisitsSummary.get
&idSite=2
&date=2009-05-04,2011-04-13
&period=range
&format=php
&serialize=1

etc… and does not return the results for 2009, 2010 etc… hmms, i’ll go test some more.

I’ve downloaded the latest RC11, copied my config.ini.php from my current installation (1.1), and got:

No entry is registered for key 'auth’
And this exception raised another exception “No entry is registered for key ‘logger_exception’”

Turns out I forgot to remove references to the GeoIP plugin in my config (or forgot to install the plugin), which wasn’t really obvious. I suppose the error could be made more explicit.

Also the quote character should be fixed: in the HTML source, the & is escaped: '