Application and Database in different servers

Hello,

For some strange reasons, my default installation of Piwik refuses to show any data collected. It is a default installation with app and database running on the same server (Windows+Apache+MySql) and the domains (as far I know) are sending the data, but the dashboards never show the numbers.

To try to prove my point, I’ve created one AWS instance running Ubuntu+nginx+MySql and restored a database backup. And the reports and dashboards are now full of numbers. Now my questions are:

1. Can I use this instance to get the reports from the “oficial” database?
  2. Do I have to change the tracking code to point to this second server or its ok to have this server as a “report server”?

Thanks!

Fabricio

Maybe you can find your solution in: Troubleshooting - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Try setup: How to Set up Auto-Archiving of Your Reports - Analytics Platform - Matomo

and check server error logs which may contain some error messages ?

Matt, the error log is:

PHP Fatal error:  2 total errors during this script execution, please investigate and try and fix these errors. First error was: Got invalid response from API request: http://www.trendi.com.br/analytics/index.php?module=API&method=VisitsSummary.getVisits&idSite=1&period=day&date=last52&format=php&token_auth=c4f1dd39df2b6b7944077299e49384a2&trigger=archivephp. Response was 'curl_exec: Failure when receiving data from the peer' in D:\trendi.com.br\analytics\misc\cron\archive.php on line 573

Check the server error logs (eg. apache error log)