[API] Get list of URLs visited / list of visits

Hello!

Sorry if this has been answered before or is too simple a question - I’m very new to PIWIK and still trying to find my way around it.

What I’m trying to do is generate a table that correlates visitIDs and the pages they visited, in order, like this:

id | page(s)
1 | page1.php / page2.php / page5.php
2 | page2.php / page3.php / page12.php / page10.php
3 | page1.php / page15.php

To do that, I believe I’d have to have PIWIK output data that lists each and every single visit to each page, with at least the visitorID (or something that defines them, like an IP), the page URL, and the time of the visit (so as to know the order of the pages visited so I can sort them as with the previous table), like so:

visit 1

visitor IP: 10
URL: page2.php
datetime: 10 jan 2013 12:03

visit 3
visitor IP: 10
URL: page12.php
datetime: 10 jan 2013 12:05

I do not have access to the “Live Modules” (or visitor profiles, in the piwik panel) - due to extremely high traffic, the analyzed website has to erase live data every couple of days because they pile up too quickly and take up too much space. So that’s out. Is there another way, using the API / Piwik panel to reach the data I want?

I hope I was clear.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Yes it is already possible to do this with the API, You want to use the Live API which gives you full details of each visit and their list of actions. Learn more in: Reporting API Reference: API Reference - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3