[ANSWERED] Why not use JSCharts or flot instead of Open Flash Chart?

Today I was on a PC with a very outdated Flash version so Piwik showed “Flash 9 is at least required” in every widget.

So why don’t you use some pure JavaScript library such as JSCharts, flot (for jQuery) or jsflot (for Prototype) to draw the graphs?

Cheers,
-mARKUS

It’s in the roadmap to provide some non-flash graphing as a fallback.

Code contributions welcome. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

Maybe it would be nice if you only use javascript to make charts, instead of embedding a flash file each time. It looks like it load a lot more faster and is more responsive, also, it’s very interactive. It’s free for non-commercial use: www.highcharts.com

This is already on the todo list.

www.highcharts.com is really really impressive woaw

Wow, yeah, I didn’t know that that was available. Great find!

highcharts.com is really really impressive wow style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif

it’s not open source though

Hi,
Here is a free (MIT license) javascript library which allow to draw charts (raphaeljs.com/analytics.html), pies(raphaeljs.com/pie.html), maps (raphaeljs.com/australia.html)…
raphaeljs.com/

HighCharts is definitely open-source, and free for non-profits like Piwik.

Highcharts is definitely NOT open source! check their page: Highsoft Webshop

Whoops, I didn’t distinguish between “source editing allowed” and “open-source”. Sorry!

We need YOUR help! We are running a crowd funding campaign to raise funds to implement the detailed Visitors Maps of Countries, Regions and Cities (for all countries)!

These maps will be beautiful, usable, and built using open standards SVG+JS. They will show detailed visitor count, conversion rates, by Country but also (New!) by city and region.

Pledge now at: http://crowdfunding.piwik.org/analytics-maps-world-country-city-region/

There will be no more flash in Piwik and we will add amazing new Maps of your visitors.

Piwik needs you!