Analytics Import Error

Just for reference, 2 recent posts about this issue (no solution found):

@innocraft @SteveG any idea?
Also if someone can create an issue in the GitHub Repo (I did not found anything about this subject):

1 Like

Hi @nternstedt @100son_net ,

Do you see any error under “Admin (cog icon) > System > Search performance”?

Hi @karthik,

I don’t have that option under system. I think you only have the option if you have the plugin search engine keywords performance.

Hi again @karthik, @innocraft

Do you guys have any solutions to this problem? Every day the same problem occur and after I re-authorizing Google Analytics importer plugin it works fine until next day when it breaks again.

Hi @nternstedt ,

Could you please get in touch with our support team at support@matomo.org. We may need more information to troubleshoot, forum may not be efficient for this.

@karthik any news on this?
@Criss, is also waiting for answers on this topic on:

Have anybody found a solution to this problem? Unfortunately I haven’t, This website https://pjlt20.com/palyers-draft/ also facing that

@innocraft @karthik do you have any clue on that old problem?
Some other users encounter the same issue… :thinking:

Hi @100son_net , @euklid , @thomas.kettner ,

This error shows that the token is expired or revoked by Google.

With the status of the being set to “Testing” in Google OAuth Client configuration, Google placed a limitation on token expiry and as per Google it is 7 days and this can be sorted by re-authorizing, it will work only for another 7 days and you may have to follow the same step, it is very inconvenient. You can try to publish the app during configuration instead of Testing and re-upload the new OAuth JSON file in to Matomo and try it again.

I have the same issue. The only difference is that I have the app in production not in test (google cloud API). I get the same error message. Have been getting this for the last three days.
It always stops at the same date , and stops 5-10 minutes after I restart the task everyday.
I have tried reauthorizing and tired recreate the task in matomo. Nothing helps.
Anything else I can try?

I am experiencing the same issue!

@Thomas_Christiansen @felix1
Did you try what Karthik suggested one month ago?

This doesn’t seem to apply for me, since this issue happens since day 1 for me. Re-authorizing earlier doesn’t help either.

(I posted the following message on the related GitHub issue, but am cross-posting here too for good measure …)

For what it’s worth, I’m also getting similar errors with a more current setup:
Matomo 4.13.3
GoogleAnalyticsImporter v4.5.0 (as installed via the Plugin Marketplace)
MySQL version 8.0.28-0ubuntu0.20.04.3
PHP 8.1 FastCGI

As with others on this thread, it’s happening well before 7 days from authentication. Also similarly, if I re-authenticate it seems to temporarily fix the issue but usually only for another short period of time (usually less than a day).

@NickSherman you finally found a solution?
@Thomas_Christiansen @felix1 @euklid @thomas.kettner can you try what is explained in the previous post?

My webdesigner has set up a cron job that attempts to restart the import every 5 hours now. This works for us, altough its very slow. For importing 11 years of data (351.024 pageviews) it takes about 3 months.

As mentioned in @NickSherman’s GitHub issue, the problem of not restarting imports could be a missing archive cron job (we realized we also haven’t set this up yet). We will not be experimenting with this now that the import finally works, but it might be worth a try for someone else?

1 Like

Yeah, with some generous help from @Altamash_Shaikh in the GitHub issue, I got my import process running now. As @felix1 mentioned though, it seems like it will take quite a while to get through a multi-year dataset. Google used to allow you to pay to increase the rate limit for an import but unfortunately they discontinued that for GA-3 data.

2 Likes

I have an even more interesting error message - “no message”! Same situation here, I’m trying to start a migrate process, but it does not start. I used to have it running, but then by mistake pressed the “cancel” button. This, in addition to stopping the migrate, also deleted the migrate entry, so I need to start the process over, collecting the data to a new container. The migrate used to work for the old container, but the renewed process is killed at start. I have renewed the token, no help.

Hi @TapioLinkosalo
I think there is no error message because there was no error, just a cancellation by you…
I would suggest you just try the Re-import link or create a new import from scratch…

Hi there,
How did you manage to get it work ?
I tried to understand the github issue, but it’s a bit complicated for me.

Did it work only by adding this ? :
Add the below code after this line in plugins/GoogleAnalyticsImporter/Commands/ImportReports.php

if ($idSite != {YOUR_ID_SITE}) {
            $output->writeln('Skipping import for idSite:' . $idSite);
            return;
        }

Or is the Cron-thingy to do also ?