Analyse import_logs.py problem (Fatal error sometimes)

Hi,

im on a shared webspace with ssh support. I try your import script to analyse my apache logs.
I get it to work, but there are sometime some “Fatal errors” and i have no idea why. It is, if i restart it without “skip” every time the same “skip-line”

Example:

4349 lines parsed, 85 lines recorded, 0 records/sec
Fatal error: Forbidden
You can restart the import of "/home/log/access_log_piwik" from the point it failed by specifying --skip=326 on the command line.

I try to figure out on what line these script end with that fata error, but i cant. If restart it at “skip=327” that it runs to the end and all works fine. Same problem is on some other access_logs “access_log_1.gz” and so on. But im not sure why it ends. If that is a misconfigured line in accesslog? Which line should i check?

Regards

Please report the bug in: Log analytics list of improvements · Issue #3163 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

Hmmm, you mean this is a bug?

not sure how Fatal error: Forbidden could show up please ask in the ticket to the developer

I would guess that the error is in piwik side it seems like if there’s a connection limit on the piwik server (to mitigate DOS or stuff like that). I’d try to call directly the piwk scripts or look for configuration limits in apache.

That makes no sense. Scriptbreaks every time at the same line and if i restart it with a line later it works for all the rest (5 times more) without problems.