An Error Backtrace of Piwik 2.2.2

I noticed a similar report: 301 Moved Permanently

There is an error. Please report the message (Piwik 2.2.2) and full backtrace in the Piwik forums (please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Warning: file_get_contents(Analytics Platform – Matomo): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! in /var/www/stats.xrayenglish.com/piwik/core/Http.php on line 406

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik\Error::errorHandler(…) called at [:]
#1 file_get_contents(…) called at [/var/www/stats.xrayenglish.com/piwik/core/Http.php:406]
#2 Piwik\Http::sendHttpRequestBy(…) called at [/var/www/stats.xrayenglish.com/piwik/core/Http.php:94]
#3 Piwik\Http::sendHttpRequest(…) called at [/var/www/stats.xrayenglish.com/piwik/core/Http.php:719]
#4 Piwik\Http::fetchRemoteFile(…) called at [/var/www/stats.xrayenglish.com/piwik/plugins/ExampleRssWidget/RssRenderer.php:46]
#5 Piwik\Plugins\ExampleRssWidget\RssRenderer->get(…) called at [/var/www/stats.xrayenglish.com/piwik/plugins/ExampleRssWidget/Controller.php:25]
#6 Piwik\Plugins\ExampleRssWidget\Controller->rssPiwik(…) called at [:]
#7 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/var/www/stats.xrayenglish.com/piwik/core/FrontController.php:500]
#8 Piwik\FrontController->doDispatch(…) called at [/var/www/stats.xrayenglish.com/piwik/core/FrontController.php:85]
#9 Piwik\FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/var/www/stats.xrayenglish.com/piwik/core/dispatch.php:34]
#10 require_once(…) called at [/var/www/stats.xrayenglish.com/piwik/index.php:47]

In Settings> System check, do you see a warning next to Open URL or similar?

Nope, Open URL says:"(green tick) fopen."

These are the only warnings under system check:

Geolocation Geolocation works, but you are not using one of the recommended providers. If you have to import log files or do something else that requires setting IP addresses, use the PECL GeoIP implementation (recommended) or the PHP GeoIP implementation.
Database abilities LOAD DATA INFILE

Using LOAD DATA INFILE will greatly speed Piwik’s archiving process up. To make it available to Piwik, try updating your PHP & MySQL software and make sure your database user has the FILE privilege.
If your Piwik server tracks high traffic websites (eg. > 100,000 pages per month), we recommend to try fix this problem.
Error:
Try #1: LOAD DATA INFILE : SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1725 OPERATIO need to be executed set by ADMIN,
Try #2: LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE : SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1148 The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version[42000]
Troubleshooting: FAQ on piwik.org

Do you have access to SSH to the console of this server?

If so please try:

wget "http://feeds.feedburner.com/Piwik"

if it works it means the server can contact OK, but that PHP somehow does not manage to.

can you also try to add the Widget “SEO rankings” to your dashboard-> do they show the numbers?

Awwww…this is sad. If you have my ip logged, you’ll know that I’m behind the infamous “wall”. I don’t feel like getting this site walled too, so I didn’t mention some words.

wget [the address]
–2014-05-23 11:52:49-- [the address]
Resolving [the address] ([the address])… [ip], …
Connecting to [the address] ([the address])|ip|:80… connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response… Read error (Connection reset by peer) in headers.
Retrying.

–2014-05-23 11:52:50-- (try: 2) [the address]
HTTP request sent, awaiting response… Read error (Connection reset by peer) in headers.
Retrying.

–2014-05-23 11:52:52-- (try: 3) [the address]
Retrying.

^C

Adding the SEO widget stuck at:
Widget preview
Loading widget, please wait…

Now that it’s out of the scope of Piwik, can I at least ask if there’s a workaround?

I’ve created a ticket: Unicorn! · GitHub

You can try this workaround: remove widget “blog” from your dashboard by clicking top right icon

Wow, that’s awesome! Thanks for the help, matt. I didn’t think Piwik would change itself for this particular reason.