Allowed memory size exhausted

Hi, We area testing piwik to replace all the awstats in the future, but after 4 days of collecting stats now I run with this error message.

The first configuration was 128Mb of max allowed memory for php-cli and I try to increase to 512Mb without luck :

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /var/www/piwik/core/DataTable/Row.php on line 70

Activating the DB plugin I see that Piwik tables are using 908.4 M, piwik_archive_blob_2009_06 is using 722.5 Mb and piwik_log_visit is using 111.8 Mb. That are the biggets tables.

In my config I was disable the browser archiving and I’ve setup a cronjob for today’s statistics every 10 minutes.

time_before_today_archive_considered_outdated = 600
enable_browser_archiving_triggering = ""

In the past 4 days the site that is configured has 316929, 287628, 320637 and 100683 pageviews according awstats.

PHP Version : 5.2.0
MySQL Version : 5.0.51a
Piwik Version : 0.4.1

Any help or tip to try to optimize/fix this problem is appreciate style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

PHP’s memory handling and garbage collection has improved with later versions.

We are also investigating code changes that would (should) allow php to reclaim freed memory sooner.

[quote=vipsoft @ Jun 29 2009, 03:20 PM]PHP’s memory handling and garbage collection has improved with later versions.

We are also investigating code changes that would (should) allow php to reclaim freed memory sooner.[/quote]

Thanks, I’ll try moving Piwik to another VPS with a newer version of PHP and see what happends.

I’ve been playing with the source code and discovered that commenting the call “Piwik_PostEvent(‘ArchiveProcessing_Day.compute’, $this);” in core/ArchiveProcessing/Day.php and running archive for period=day all data is computed and the last vists graph show the data.

I’ve tried to see what the PostEvent does (and more important, were is the code), but without luck but it seems to be the root of my problems.

That’s the archiving process. It’s one of the areas we’re working on improving.

See: http://piwik.org/docs/setup-auto-archiving/