Allowed memory exhausted

Hi All

We are having some issue with the Piwik archiving process, after upgrading to 1.7.1 from 1.6 we are occasionally getting the following error:

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 1073741824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 80 bytes) in /var/www/html/piwik/core/DataTable/Manager.php on line 76

The archive script is run every two hours and as far as I can see this error only occurs on the first run of the day.

We are running Piwik with on a CentOS 6.2 box with:
2GB physical memory / 1GB swap.
PHP 5.3.3
MySQL 5.1.61
MySQLi 1.11.9
Apache 2.2.15

I can’t see any open bug reports related to error messages originating from Manager.php but there is a bug report for archiving memory leaks Archiving Memory exhausted error - Archiving memory leaks · Issue #766 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub. Is this a known issue and is there a work around?

Thanks
Paul

I just upgraded to latest with auto update. updated cron and ran test. Got this:

Error: Got invalid response from API request: http://www.domain.com/piwik/index.php?module=API&method=VisitsSummary.getVisits&idSite=1&period=year&date=last52&format=php&token_auth=e051da582f____________490648f712&trigger=archivephp. Response was ’
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/user/public_html/piwik/cor

php has 712m max mem

server is 4+g

How to fix this?

It seems the php limit is 512M on your server, sorry thiserror is a problem, please increse until it works, 1G is OK