All of 14 Multisites Installs Working - Except 1!

I am new to Piwik. I have a rather curious problem and not sure how or where to look for resolution having scoured this forum without any luck.

I have 15 sites reporting through my recently setup Piwik install. They all rely on exactly the same PHP code, which generates the site specific script at the foot of each page with the correct site/id references. All sites are reporting via Piwik perfectly - except one! The script is being generated and is appearing in the foot of each page on the site in question, with the right url and Piwik ID references. The site is working fine. The footer script is being generated on each page no problem, but no visits at all are being logged for this site… unlike all of the other sites being monitored through this system, which are all generating reports. Traffic is coming to the site, including extensive test visits that are recorded on other sites; the script displays in the correct place with the right id etc…, immediately above tag and there are no errors logged in the piwik_logger_error table.

I have spent hours on this. Not sure how to proceed to isolate this problem. I would be grateful for any ideas/suggestions.

Thanks

Bill

do you have entries in piwik_log_visit for this idsite?
If no, it means that there si some error loggin the data. If yes, data is being recorded properly.
Did you set a timezone for this website? do you use 0.6?

[quote=matthieu @ May 6 2010, 12:45 PM]do you have entries in piwik_log_visit for this idsite?
If no, it means that there si some error loggin the data. If yes, data is being recorded properly.
Did you set a timezone for this website? do you use 0.6?[/quote]

Hi and thanks for response. No entries in piwik_log_visit for this site. Yes, timezone is set for this site.

Thanks, Bill

Bill,

My guess is somewhere else on the page you have javascript that’s failing. If it fails it can prevent further execution of javascript - including the Piwik tag.

Not sure how skilled you are at debugging, but get Firefox and Firebug. Turn on firebug, and if there’s a javascript error it’ll show it to you. It also may require pressing a arrow button to step through javascript.

Alternately, remove the javascript (assuming you have it there).

B

sounds like an out-of-date piwik.js