After update from 1.7.1 to 1.8

I get all these errors after updating. This is just what i noticed in the last 10 minutes.

Notice: Undefined index: enable_framed_logins in /home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/core/Config/Compat.php on line 52

Backtrace -->
#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(…) called at [/home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/core/Config/Compat.php:52]#1 Piwik_Config_Compat_Array->__get(…) called at [/home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/plugins/LoginLdap/Controller.php:273]#2 Piwik_LoginLdap_Controller->configureView(…) called at [/home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/plugins/LoginLdap/Controller.php:260]#3 Piwik_LoginLdap_Controller->login(…) called at [/home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/plugins/LoginLdap/Controller.php:30]#4 Piwik_LoginLdap_Controller->index(…) called at [:]#5 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/core/FrontController.php:138]#6 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/core/Controller.php:659]#7 Piwik_Controller->redirectToIndex(…) called at [/home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/plugins/CoreHome/Controller.php:42]#8 Piwik_CoreHome_Controller->redirectToCoreHomeIndex(…) called at [:]#9 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/core/FrontController.php:138]#10 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/index.php:53]

I dont know why this posted twice… Please refer to this post instead:

http://forum.piwik.org/read.php?2,89467

Hi,
I did the same update 10 minutes ago and I exatement the same problems. How can I do to make Piwik work well again.
Jo

Hey Jo

Rename your current piwik folder -eg: piwik_old

Upload download and install the lates version 1.8

Customize Piwik as per your original

LS

To work around the issue “SQL invalide datetime format” please replace core/archiveprocessinh.php with this file: http://dev.piwik.org/svn/trunk/core/ArchiveProcessing.php

Hi Matt,
Thank you for this info, I had replaced core/archiveprocessing.php by your file but Piwik don’t work yet.
:frowning:
Jo

Hi Boysie,
Thank you for this info. Can you tell-me more of the procedure for a re-install, please, because I’m affraid to lost all.
Jo

Hello everyone,
I have problems since I did the update.
Until this issue is resolved, is there someone who can tell me how to return to the old version?
I think when the update Piwik made ​​a backup before updating.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Jo

Piwik itself doesn’t make a backup. If you made a backup on your own, you could reimport it - make sure that the database was backed up too, only files won’t help.

HI,
I found the solution in another post.
We must add an additional privilege to the user Pikwi to the database. A privilege that belongs to a super user. Enabled just this: "LOCK TABLES"
Everything works again and again correctly.
Thank you for this information to NFG.

NFG [ # ] [ PM ]
June 02, 2012 08:27AM Registered: 1 year ago
I had the same problem. I think the upgrader or the script itself should give a more useful error during or after installation. "Hey, big change: add the LOCK privilege to your Piwik SQL user to continue!"
Reply Quote Report

Hi

1/ Rename /yoursite/piwik/ - yoursite/piwik_old/ - so you save all your old piwik data files

2/ Create a new folder - on your computer / /piwik 1.8/

3/ Download piwik 1.8 - save in /piwik 1.8/

4/ Unzip piwik

5/ Create a new folder on your site /piwik/

6/ Upload the new piwik 1.8 to this folder

7/ Goto /yoursite.com/piwik/

8/ Follow the instructions

You can download the old /piwik_old/ to your computer

Then Upload the {plugins} that you need - the ones you had used before

It is good practice to upload one plugin at a time - then goto the dashboard - and enable that plugin - to make sure you do not get problems

Let me know if I can help further

Boysie

Thank you Boysie,
I will make a backup for the next update. The added privilege “LOCK TABLES” that Piwik work again.
Jo

You can see in this link all the known issues in 1.8 that will be fixed soon:
http://dev.piwik.org/trac/query?group=status&milestone=1.8.1+-+Piwik+1.8.1

we are also considering in a new version NOT require the LOCK privilege, see ticket: Piwik should not require mysql LOCK privilege so more users can enjoy Free Web Analytics! · Issue #3204 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

please post a comment in this ticket if your web host does not allow LOCK privilege and you can’t use Piwik!