After update from 1.7.1 to 1.8

I get all these errors after updating. This is just what i noticed in the last 10 minutes.

(Boysie) #2

Notice: Undefined index: enable_framed_logins in /home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/core/Config/Compat.php on line 52

Backtrace -->
#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(…) called at [/home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/core/Config/Compat.php:52]#1 Piwik_Config_Compat_Array->__get(…) called at [/home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/plugins/LoginLdap/Controller.php:273]#2 Piwik_LoginLdap_Controller->configureView(…) called at [/home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/plugins/LoginLdap/Controller.php:260]#3 Piwik_LoginLdap_Controller->login(…) called at [/home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/plugins/LoginLdap/Controller.php:30]#4 Piwik_LoginLdap_Controller->index(…) called at [:]#5 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/core/FrontController.php:138]#6 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/core/Controller.php:659]#7 Piwik_Controller->redirectToIndex(…) called at [/home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/plugins/CoreHome/Controller.php:42]#8 Piwik_CoreHome_Controller->redirectToCoreHomeIndex(…) called at [:]#9 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/core/FrontController.php:138]#10 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/home/tfctrain/public_html/piwik/index.php:53]

I dont know why this posted twice… Please refer to this post instead:

http://forum.piwik.org/read.php?2,89467

Hi,
I did the same update 10 minutes ago and I exatement the same problems. How can I do to make Piwik work well again.
Jo

(Boysie) #5

Hey Jo

Rename your current piwik folder -eg: piwik_old

Upload download and install the lates version 1.8

Customize Piwik as per your original

LS

(Matthieu Aubry) #6

To work around the issue “SQL invalide datetime format” please replace core/archiveprocessinh.php with this file: http://dev.piwik.org/svn/trunk/core/ArchiveProcessing.php

Hi Matt,
Thank you for this info, I had replaced core/archiveprocessing.php by your file but Piwik don’t work yet.
:frowning:
Jo

Hi Boysie,
Thank you for this info. Can you tell-me more of the procedure for a re-install, please, because I’m affraid to lost all.
Jo

Hello everyone,
I have problems since I did the update.
Until this issue is resolved, is there someone who can tell me how to return to the old version?
I think when the update Piwik made ​​a backup before updating.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Jo

(Thomas Seifert) #10

Piwik itself doesn’t make a backup. If you made a backup on your own, you could reimport it - make sure that the database was backed up too, only files won’t help.

HI,
I found the solution in another post.
We must add an additional privilege to the user Pikwi to the database. A privilege that belongs to a super user. Enabled just this: "LOCK TABLES"
Everything works again and again correctly.
Thank you for this information to NFG.

NFG [ # ] [ PM ]
June 02, 2012 08:27AM Registered: 1 year ago
I had the same problem. I think the upgrader or the script itself should give a more useful error during or after installation. "Hey, big change: add the LOCK privilege to your Piwik SQL user to continue!"
Reply Quote Report

(Boysie) #12

Hi

1/ Rename /yoursite/piwik/ - yoursite/piwik_old/ - so you save all your old piwik data files

2/ Create a new folder - on your computer / /piwik 1.8/

3/ Download piwik 1.8 - save in /piwik 1.8/

4/ Unzip piwik

5/ Create a new folder on your site /piwik/

6/ Upload the new piwik 1.8 to this folder

7/ Goto /yoursite.com/piwik/

8/ Follow the instructions

You can download the old /piwik_old/ to your computer

Then Upload the {plugins} that you need - the ones you had used before

It is good practice to upload one plugin at a time - then goto the dashboard - and enable that plugin - to make sure you do not get problems

Let me know if I can help further

Boysie

Thank you Boysie,
I will make a backup for the next update. The added privilege “LOCK TABLES” that Piwik work again.
Jo

(Matthieu Aubry) #14

You can see in this link all the known issues in 1.8 that will be fixed soon:
http://dev.piwik.org/trac/query?group=status&milestone=1.8.1+-+Piwik+1.8.1

(Matthieu Aubry) #15

we are also considering in a new version NOT require the LOCK privilege, see ticket: Piwik should not require mysql LOCK privilege so more users can enjoy Free Web Analytics! · Issue #3204 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

please post a comment in this ticket if your web host does not allow LOCK privilege and you can’t use Piwik!