Admin console unresponsive: freezes website

When trying to log in or after logging in pages take very long to load and finally display the following:

Notice: Constant PIWIK_DOCUMENT_ROOT already defined in E:\Websites\LocalUser\Maxitrol\piwik\index.php on line 12

Notice: Constant MAX_SERIALIZED_INPUT_LENGTH already defined in E:\Websites\LocalUser\Maxitrol\piwik\libs\upgradephp\upgrade.php on line 679

Notice: Constant MAX_SERIALIZED_ARRAY_LENGTH already defined in E:\Websites\LocalUser\Maxitrol\piwik\libs\upgradephp\upgrade.php on line 680

Notice: Constant MAX_SERIALIZED_ARRAY_DEPTH already defined in E:\Websites\LocalUser\Maxitrol\piwik\libs\upgradephp\upgrade.php on line 681

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Piwik_Loader in E:\Websites\LocalUser\Maxitrol\piwik\core\Loader.php on line 19

Reloading the page in the browser sometimes works, but the site remains frozen until the page loads.

This is new Piwik installation on a hosted server running PHP 5.2.6 and the latest MySQL and extensions. I have even reinstalled the files twice.

The only way to get these notices is to re-include index.php, and AFAIK, there isn’t anything in the code which does this.

Are you using IIS or Apache? If IIS, please download a newer version of PHP through WebPI.

This is a hosted web site. Running IIS.

Ask your web host to look at the web.config file created by the piwik installer. it’s possible this is incompatible with their system configuration. You could try removing it – with the caveat that you’ll be removing a layer of security.

There doesn’t seem to be a Piwik created web.config. There is one in the root of the website, but that came from me. I deleted the Piwik directory and reloaded everything in case I forgot to do a Binary upload. When I restarted the Piwik setup I noticed the PHP version it found was 5.1.3RC and not the one the host tech support told me. I have asked them to upgrade to the current version, so I am hoping that works, because so far, nothing has changed.

I don’t expect any answer until Tuesday because of the Memorial Day holiday.