Action URLs in the Visitor Log seem to be truncated

Using the piwik api, when the “url” parameter contains duplicate query parameters, piwk truncates all but the last one as shown in the action URLs in the visitor log.

For example, if piwik is called with

/analytics?action_name=Some%20Action&url=https%3A%2F%2Fexample.com%3Fcolour%3Dred%26colour%3Dblue%26colour%3Dgreen

what I see in the Visitor Log in the Actions column is a record of the action “Some Action” and the url “Example Domain”. So the “colour=blue&colour=green” bit got truncated.

I’m using piwik 2.8.3 - would anyone know if this is fixed in the latest 2.14.2 or has anyone experienced this issue and has a workaround?

If no replies I’ll submit a bug.

Thanks.

Oh and looking at the piwik_log_action database it looks like the url is already truncated by the time it gets there.

Hi there,

Please upgrade to latest Piwik where this bug should be fixed.

Thanks Matt!

Hi Matt,

We upgraded to 2.14.3 and haven’t seen any difference in terms of truncation. Also, it seemed that length of string was in settings, not version dependent? It’s currently set at 1024 char, but the urls we are hitting are under 350.

Oswald

Hi Matt
could we get some idea as to why it is not fixed? I cannot imagine what kind of local settings we could have that could somehow influence that issue and would therefore expect some pointers from PIWIK, thanks

Hi there,

Feel free to try again installing with the latest 2.15.0 beta version which includes many fixes and improvements, see: I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Matomo

If you still have a problem, please create an issue on our tracker