25% more unique visits vs GA

Why is there such a disparity?

Hi Dave I work with sights that have both GA and Omniture. I also work with sites that have piwik ot awstas on them.

In a nut shell they will never match 100% Having said that there are several factors that could make things different.

The GA vs piwik where in the page(s) do you have the code installed? header, footer, below the footer ? I would ensure for your comparison that you have code placed the same relatively.

Next are you filtering any local IPs from one application to the other?

Next are you doing any sort of GA where you have 2 sets of GA code on your site(Thus can cause some cookie corruption) and therby some data loss or corruption.

What server setup do you have as far as the site(s) could there be system pages that are contributing to stats in piwik(i know awstats loves to do this)

Good luck

I know that each one will be different…

header one right after,

[quote=lesjokolat]

Next are you filtering any local IPs from one application to the other?[/quote]

no

[quote=lesjokolat]
Next are you doing any sort of GA where you have 2 sets of GA code on your site(Thus can cause some cookie corruption) and therby some data loss or corruption. [/quote]

no

not sure what you mean here… however GA and piwik are on the same exact pages in the same exact place.

ok good sounds like we have a decent bench mark then.

Can you pull for a 1 day period a list of pages and their respective UVs fro piwik and from GA. Put then in an excel file?

I want to compare exact URLs from both.

Just an FYI found he had missed implementing several pages with GA so once those were tallied things were much closer and not so disparate.

We have the answer. Thanks lesjokolat for making me look AGAIN at my file structure. I looked twice and still missed files that didnt have both GA and PWK

Stats now are similar. Thanks