2.8 issue

hi,

I get this message when i click on page visitors>custom variables;
Action ‘index’ not found in the module ‘CustomVariables’.

but most important issue is i cant install any plugins, if i try then i get a message that says:
The plugin ZIP file does not contain a subfolder, but Piwik expects plugin files to be within a subfolder in the Zip archive.

please advise
thanks

A week and no reply yet, anyway just an update, i still have the same issue, even after updating to verion 2.8.1.

Can anyone advise please??

Maybe you are using a bookmark to access the page? please try to click on the menu link instead?

if it does not work, reupload all files from 2.8.1 as some files would not be uploaded

done that, but still didnt work, i get the same errors, is it a missing database table?

can you send me the link to your Piwik URL + link to this forum post + steps to reproduce by Private message?

PM is sent.

thanks

??

Can you try to upgrade to latest beta? I think this issue will be fixed: I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Matomo

not sure what that beta inteads to fix, i have updated to b6, but it has had no effect with resovling the two issues i reported, thanks for the effot.

I’ve fixed the Custom Variable error by deleting the file: plugins/CustomVariables/Menu.php

but most important issue is i cant install any plugins, if i try then i get a message that says:
The plugin ZIP file does not contain a subfolder, but Piwik expects plugin files to be within a subfolder in the Zip archive.

I tried to click on a plugin in Settings > Marketplace in your piwik and got the error:

Failed to write cache file “/var/www/vhosts/xxx/httpdocs/stats/tmp/templates_c/1e/a1/3f66ac96653b6be6bd7e003555e8eab5bbfe49213594d5ff1c4c529c8be3.php”.

Maybe there is some permission problem somehow?

thanks for you r reply,

I really dont think its a permission problem, but dont mind making 100% sure,
can you pin point the exact file/folders that hand plugins and their manifest, and i will chmod them?

cheers

Can you try to recursively chmod the tmp/* folder inside the PIwik folder ?

just done that, but no effect.

Sorry I don’t know, if you thnk it’s a bug in piwik maybe create an issue in Issues · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub