after an update from1.6 to 1.7.1 nothing is as before. The update itself dont wanted to install itself through the webinterface (404 error with an hint for missing the coreupdate ?).
So we updated the files manually and after that piwik dont wanted to start up. I read throught the forums and saw that we need to do an manual DB Update with ( php /path/to/piwik/index.php – “module=CoreUpdater”) and voila piwik worked again… i thought.
After opening the dashboard with an overview of all sites i saw nothing… after selecting one web and opening the dashboard i saw everything loading and loading. Nothing was functioning. Going on the subdetails for visitors and so on i got the data but the mini graphics where missing and clicking on them resulted in the same behaviour as on the dashboard - neverending loading.
I wanted to delete a user, click on delete - message loading apepars and nothing else happend. Same when deleting a webseite…
Ok, lets dive deeper and check the logs:
- Cleared the temp folder
- check all permissions
- enabled all debugging features of the Webserver (IIS 7.5)
- enabled all logging features of piwik
- set disable_merged_assets = 1 in the global.ini.php
- enabled mysql logging
The results are the following:
- when laoding the dashboard i got many (many) 404 errors in the iis logs. That told me, ok the site could not be found but why… Thats the same error we got when trying to update from 1.6 to 1.7.1
- mysql logging seems ok, nothing special there
- files are created in the piwik temp folder, so thats ok
- piwik logging showed some specials:
– some LOAD DATA INFILE failed… Error was:SQLSTATE: Invalid authorization specification: 1045 Access denied for user
– when deleting an user/or website nothing happens in the piwik log on all other clicks something is done
Disabling the local-infile option in mysql did… Same error, so we activated it again. Mysql user rights seem to be ok, but we found another mysterious thing.
In the local config host “127.0.0.1” was used. Seems to be ok, but we changed it to “localhost”. Lets check piwik, wow the first site with the website overview shows us the list of websites again. But thats all, everything else still had the same issues.
After all this, we dont know what to do to get up piwik running again.
So i ask the community for help… any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,