1.6/7 Widgetize Segment pageUrl & pageTitle fails with =@ contains

Seems the Contains qualifier, =@, fails to find results when using custom variables, pageURL and pageTitle.

I’m using the widget and an iframe. When matching exactly, ==, I get results. I’ve tried both Piwik 1.6 and 1.7b7.

No results:

index.php?module=Widgetize&action=iframe&idSite=1&token_auth=x&disableLink=1&widget=1&moduleToWidgetize=CustomVariables&actionToWidgetize=getCustomVariables&period=range&date=last30&[b]segment=customVariableValue1=@bill[/b]

Many results:

index.php?module=Widgetize&action=iframe&idSite=1&token_auth=x&disableLink=1&widget=1&moduleToWidgetize=CustomVariables&actionToWidgetize=getCustomVariables&period=range&date=last30&[b]segment=customVariableValue1==bill[/b]

Using a similar request I’ve also made pageUrl and pageTitle fail to return results in the same way.

See the bug report: pageUrl segment does not work with =@ contains operator · Issue #2727 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

Yup, just making you aware that the ticket can be broadened beyond just pageUrl. Perhaps to help bump it’s priority. Thanks!

Yup,
I have the same problem. I try to filter on a huge amount of data, by pageUrl but doesn’t work. I was hoping to have this fixed in 1.7.1, unfortunately is not.
Thank you for changing the priority from normal to major. Do you have any ideea of how long it will take to fix it? This is really important for me and I don’t know how I could continue without this fix.

Thanks in advance!
Ovidiu

A major reason why Piwik can be a better alternative to Google is the ease in which you can make statistics visible outside of the tracking system. That’s been a major hurdle for Analytics over the many years I’ve used it. Piwik, with widgets, can easily trounce Analytics in this category… assuming little things like this are fixed :slight_smile:

As far as we know segmenting “page url contains string” should work. the ticket is closed: pageUrl segment does not work with =@ contains operator · Issue #2727 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub
if you have specific problems with this feature let usknow?

Thanks for the answer Matt. Indeed it looks to be working now. I was a bit confused because the api returns all the other actions on the visit that I’m interested in.
This seems to be a big problem for, as I get a lot of data back. I would really appreciate if you could give me some clues on how to call module=API&method=Live.getLastVisitsDetails, filter the urls with pageUrl=@something and only return those the filtered urls in the actions array of the visits. I’m not very familiar with the api, maybe there is another way to get this data.

I really appreciate your help!
Thank you,
Ovidiu

Please post a ticket with your API URL, fetched data, and note the data you would expect. i agree pageUrl segment shoulf filter actions!
thanks

Hi,
I can give you an example on your demo page:
http://demo.piwik.org/?module=API&method=Live.getLastVisitsDetails&idSite=7&period=day&date=2012-03-14&format=JSON&token_auth=anonymous&segment=pageUrl=@150

This should look for urls that have 150 inside. The first 3 visits look good, only have the urls with this number but the other have a lot of extra urls, just search for visitid 5415933 as an example.

I had a look at the php code and it seems it’s fetching all the actions for a visit.

Thanks

Happy New Year! If you are still using Piwik and interested in the awesome new feature of “Creating a Custom Segment in Piwik and apply to reports in Real time!” we need YOUR help, with a little or big donation at: http://crowdfunding.piwik.org/custom-segments-editor/

This will allow to dynamically add or edit, a new set of rules for example “Show all visitors from USA and using Firefox and using Google”. This will be done via a simple to use interface. See screenshots and more info here: http://crowdfunding.piwik.org/custom-segments-editor/

We are crowd funding the future of Piwik and this feature in particular. With your help we can do it.

Thanks

Matthieu

Is anyone else still experiencing this issue in 1.12? I’m trying to setup a custom segment filtering Downloads to show only mp4 files. When viewing all visits, there are dozens, but when I add a custom segment setting the Page URL contains ‘.mp4’ I get zero results. I’m using the fancy segment UI to build the segment, but obviously something is not working right. One other point of note is that I’m loading all of my data from Apache log files, rather than JavaScript using the included python script. Everything else works great, except for segments.

I just tried and replicated this bug. It seems the “Page URL” segment does not match file downloads. You may create a ticket at dev.piwik.org - thanks

Thanks Matt! I’ve opened a ticket:

http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/4103#ticket