#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(...) after upgrading to 1.7

Hi,

I just upgraded to 1.7 and my widgets are having problems. It seems to be different (at least to me) from some other widget problems discussed here already. I tried some of those solutions and it didn’t help.

I had some problems with the upgrade and had to change some permissions – I’m not sure if that’s related or not.

My last visits graph is blank. The visitors tab is also blank, nothing will come up in the main graph.

Here’s the text of the error message that is showing up. I’m seeing it in: List of Keywords, Best Search Engines, and List of External Websites.

"#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(…) called at [/home/custodyx/public_html/piwik/tmp/templates_c/%%AB^ABE^ABE71704%%datatable_footer.tpl.php:50]#1 include(…) called at [/home/custodyx/public_html/piwik/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php:1869]#2 Smarty->_smarty_include(…) called at [/home/custodyx/public_html/piwik/tmp/templates_c/%%C4^C4B^C4B033F6%%datatable.tpl.php:74]#3 include(…) called at [/home/custodyx/public_html/piwik/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php:1263]#4 Smarty->fetch(…) called at [/home/custodyx/public_html/piwik/core/View.php:138]#5 Piwik_View->render(…) called at [/home/custodyx/public_html/piwik/core/Controller.php:147]#6 Piwik_Controller->renderView(…) called at [/home/custodyx/public_html/piwik/plugins/Referers/Controller.php:91]#7 Piwik_Referers_Controller->getKeywords(…) called at [:]#8 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/home/custodyx/public_html/piwik/core/FrontController.php:138]#9 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/home/custodyx/public_html/piwik/index.php:53]

goal.png" />"

I’ve attached some screenshots to show what things look like.

I really have no idea what any of this means.

I tried reinstalling piwik, and I also setup suPHP to possibly fix the nobody:nobody problem, neither solution worked.

"How can I reinstall Piwik? Can I keep the existing data?

To force a new installation of Piwik, you can simply delete the configuration file in config/config.ini.php.
When you visit Piwik, it will trigger the Piwik installation process.

If you install Piwik specifying an existing database containing Piwik data, the installation process will automatically detect that the Piwik tables already exist. You will be able to choose to either keep your existing data, or delete the tables and start from a clean database."

I’ve had piwik for a couple of years, and before that I had phpMyVisites for a couple of years.

It’s unfortunate that every few months an upgrade breaks on me. I think it’s time for me to go with google analytics – I just don’t have enough time to fiddle with server stuff.

Oh well.

Request: Make piwik work better for all the various server types, and have less installation bugs. I just want to see my traffic – not deal with ongoing server problems.

This error is due to missing files during the upload. Reupload ALL files, then delete files in piwik/tmp/** and it will work

If you updated manually, then you have to also manually clear the cached contents in the tmp/ folder.