New 1.11 Beta release: please test, before final release on March 7th! AWESOME FEATURES

Dear Piwik users,

We have just released 1.11-beta available. Download the latest 1.11-bX at: Index of /

NEW features: redesigned login screen, redesigned admin screen, new “Real time maps” and “Visitor maps”, new admin Javascript Script screen, improvements in Referers>Overview report, new browser languages report, and many other small features and bug fixes.

How to update to latest beta? Upload these files on top of your existing piwik files, to upgrade. Upgrading should be safe and painless. If you have any problem, please post in this forum thread and I will make sure to help you.

Check out the list of closed tickets for this release for more bug fixes and new features: tickets fixed in this release.

Please post any issue or question in this post, thank you for your help testing!!

The new dashboard maps look great :slight_smile:
thanks for this new beta version!!

• the was a very small ccs? prob during install, soory i didn’t make a snap shot (high res screen)

• choosing visitor map, Germany, “region” is fine but choosing “cities” the map keeps blank - i think cities should be highlighted? (please see attachement)

• leaving the dashboard and and coming back: you have to select again the map part you want to see

• visitorlog, click “returning visits /all visit”- icon the resulting page has the same headline “visitor log” so you do not know exactly where you are/ what has changed

I can then switch from beta release to the final release? I would definitely be ready for try out the latest beta.

Dany

I can then switch from beta release to the final release? I would definitely be ready for try out the latest beta.

Yes you can of course. WE got many reports that users use the 1.11 B successfully!

choosing visitor map, Germany, “region” is fine but choosing “cities” the map keeps blank - i think cities should be highlighted?

Do you still not see visits from cities on the map?

I have now installed Beta 1.11-b6.

The new visitor-Map is very useful and all new feature have no problems.

I have some Error on: File integrity check failed and reported some errors. It’s possible that the difference comes with Linux and Windows?
Piwik run’s on a Windows Server.

Dany

Can you delete all the files tmp/assets/ and try again ?

Also check your server error logs. Also you can upload the old 1.10.1 back, but definitely the beta should work for you :slight_smile:

last Post of Ticket 3680
"added message w/ last time auto updater was run to GeoIP settings page."

=> but not included in beta?

it’s displayed in the section “Setup automatic updates of GeoIP databases” and reads eg. "The updater was last run on 2013-02-11. "

[quote=matt]
it’s displayed in the section “Setup automatic updates of GeoIP databases” and reads eg. "The updater was last run on 2013-02-11. "[/quote]

hmm I was looking at this place but could not found it. Please see attachement.

[quote=matt]
Can you delete all the files tmp/assets/ and try again ?

Also check your server error logs. Also you can upload the old 1.10.1 back, but definitely the beta should work for you :)[/quote]

Ok so I have delete files into “tmp/assets” and “tmp/template_c” and dashboards are back… THANK YOU !!!

But the new map doesn’t work :frowning:

And in administration I can read this :

Database abilities

LOAD DATA INFILE

Using LOAD DATA INFILE will greatly speed Piwik’s archiving process up. To make it available to Piwik, try updating your PHP & MySQL software and make sure your database user has the FILE privilege.

If your Piwik server tracks high traffic websites (eg. > 100,000 pages per month), we recommend to try fix this problem.

Can you explain “make sure your database user has the FILE privilege” (in french if you can)

But the new map doesn’t work sad smiley

Can you elaborate? or PM me your piwik access

PM sent (in french :wink: )

So far we haven’t got any report of bug in the 1.11 BETA so please keep testing, we will release in 1 day or so!

Bonjour Matt,
Comment ce fait-il que je ne vois plus le message que j’ai posté listant les erreurs que je rencontre avec cette version ?

Merci bien,
Marie Laure

edit : ?? an other topic has created…

Hello,

I have the same pb : Real Time MAp and Visitor Map don’t work when language is French, but work in English, Deutsh, …

Stéphane, french people :wink:

I can see the bug, thanks for the report, we’ll try fix it before release!

Piwik 1.11 is now released. Thank you all for your testing!

Bonjour,

Il est vraiment dommage d’avoir enlevé mon message de ce topic. Pourquoi ? Je ne sais pas…

L’application ne fonctionne plus depuis la mise à jour (comme dit dans mon message) sur les sites qui utilisent des API…

Pour résumé : tous mes suivis de sites importants (ceux pour lesquels je dois rendre des comptes, et donc ceux pour lesquels j’avais choisi cette bonne application pour sa robustesse) sont out depuis que j’ai fait la mise à jour en beta, donc depuis mercredi !

En soit cela fonctionnait bien avant, cela ne fonctionne plus maintenant !
Dommage…

J’ai separe car ce n’est pas en rapport, et ca n’aide pas de poster dans le mauvais message :slight_smile: Pour votre probleme d’archive la solution est d’activer les logs et voir le probleme exact. On va pouvoir trouver une solution.

Pour moi cela est dans le bon message puisque c’est suite à la mise à jour et que je n’avais aucun problème avant celle-ci.
J’ai donné les logs déjà.

Pour information, j’ai le même problème sur mon piwik de dev (où il n’y a donc vraiment pas beaucoup de log puisque je suis la seule connectée) et qui n’avait pas de problème avant la mise à jour :
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare Piwik_LanguageTranslate() (previously declared in D:******\www\admin\stats_acces\plugins\UserLanguage\functions.php:17) in D:\dpam\www\admin\stats_acces\plugins\UserSettings\functions.php on line 285

Pour informations, pour résoudre ce problème, je suis allée dans le fichier mentionné ci-dessus et j’ai commenté la fonction Piwik_LanguageTranslate.
Je n’ai plus de problème d’affichage sur l’application ni sur l’archivage

C’est une modification qui a été faite dans la nouvelle version. Je pense donc encore une fois que mon problème devait donc être ici dans le topic nommé “New 1.11 Beta release: please test”, comme d’ailleurs toutes les remarques des autres personnes.

Bref, j’ai ralé car je n’ai pas bien compris pourquoi ca avait été déplacé, mais sinon je vous remercie pour votre disponibilité et vos idées sur cette application :slight_smile: